Rental Qualifying Criteria - Apartment Homes near Bluffton, SC
- Your local employment must be verified, including salary amount.
To qualify, a prospective resident's monthly income must be equal to or exceed three and one half
(3.5) times the monthly rental amount. Roommates and married couples may qualify based upon
their combined income. Unemployment income may not be used to qualify an applicant.
- The monthly rent (including monthly discounts or specials if applicable) will be used for income
- Self-employed prospective residents must provide tax returns from the previous years for salary
- Bank accounts, stocks, bonds and other forms of assets may also be used to verify the financial
status of a prospective resident. It will be necessary to furnish management will proof of funds
equal to one (1) year worth of rent and they must document that the funds have been in the
account for the last four (4) months.
- Management will request a credit history through our Credit Reporting Agency, taking into consideration timely payments, the prospective residents debt-to-income ratio and the anticipated rental amount. Marginal or bad credit may result in an increased security deposit or denial of the application. WE WILL REQUIRE A COPY OF YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND WILL NEED TO VIEW A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PICTURE I.D. For non-US citizens we will require a copy of their VISA from INS in lieu of a credit report for qualification purposes.
- Any applicants or occupants who have been determined to have criminal conviction or current indictment for possession, sale, manufacture or distribution of controlled substances or for any crimes involving firearms or crimes against persons or property will be denied residency and occupancy. Management reserves the right to deny residency and occupancy for any criminal activity at their discretion. Guarantors/co-signers cannot be a substitute for this requirement.
- RESIDENT/RENTAL HISTORY
- The prospective resident must have at least two (2) years of acceptable rental history in the last four (4) years that can be verified or be a recent college or technical student. A satisfactory rating on the credit report for a mortgage will serve in lieu of rental history. HHHunt will accept applicants with no more than 3 late payments per year.
- OCCUPANCY STANDARDS
- The Federal occupancy standard is set at two (2) persons per bedroom in each apartment. Exceptions to this standard may be made at Managements discretion and must be in writing.
- HHHunt may accept a guarantor for prospective residents who do not meet the above listed criteria. The guarantor must qualify for the apartment based upon the above listed criteria. Guarantor income requirements must qualify using only his/her sources of income and must provide proof of income equal to three and one half (3.5) times the monthly rent.
- CREDIT REPORTING
- It is HHHunt's policy to report the rental history of our residents to Experian – one of the three main credit
reporting agencies. This account will be shown on the credit report as a typical installment loan and will
reflect on-time payments made during a resident's tenancy at an HHHunt community. This practice has
been determined to positively impact our resident's credit scores and also serves to help in establishing
credit and/or rebuilding credit for many of our residents.