Hello Auston Chase! The holidays are just days away. I think we can all agree that eating is the highlight of this holiday. Whether you are hosting this holiday event at your apartment or heading over to a relative’s home Grandma’s apple pie is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. This recipe is not the easiest or the shortest, but it will fill your kitchen with a delightful aroma. Bring the holiday spirit in with the sweet scent of Grandma’s apple pie.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.